As the Audience Research and Insights Manager, you will focus on gaining a deep understanding of music audiences. Your primary goal will be to provide valuable, data-driven insights into music listeners and content consumers to inform business strategies, channel development, marketing campaigns and overall decision-making processes. Ultimately, you will play a crucial role in ensuring Spinnin’ Records remains fan-listener centric and stays ahead of the competition by offering the label a comprehensive understanding of audience preferences, trends and behaviours.
- Data Analysis: Utilizing analytical insights tools and techniques to process and interpret large datasets, identifying actionable insights that support strategic decision-making.
- Fan-listener Profiling: Create detailed fan-listener profiles and segments based on demographics, behaviours and motivations to tailor marketing and content strategies, as well as to inform A&R strategies.
- Trend Identification: Identify and forecast emerging cultural trends that can influence consumer and fan-listener demands and expectations.
- Marketing Strategy: Assist marketing teams in creating targeted and effective campaigns by understanding fan-listener insights and preferences.
- Marketing Research: Conduct comprehensive marker research to understand fan-listener needs, preferences and expectations. This includes competitor analyses, industry trends and market dynamics.
- Data Visualization: Present data in a visually compelling manner to communicate insights effectively to stakeholders across the label.
- Continuous Monitoring: Keep track of evolving fan-listener behaviours and market trends, ensuring Spinnin’ Records remains proactive in responding to cultural changes.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Work closely with other departments such as product, marketing, streaming, A&R, socials and creator/influencer teams – to ensure audience insights is integrated into all aspects of the business.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent; at least three years previous experience in a similar role in audience and social intelligence.
- An appreciation and understanding on how data and analytics can be used for decision-making.
- Proven experience working in a complex environment, managing multiple stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills and analytical approach with very strong attention to details.
- Strong planning and co-ordination skills, with the ability to manage multiple time-sensitive tasks & prioritise effectively.
- Creative flair and existing knowledge of cultural trends (and preferably the music industry).
- A relatively strong understanding of the current music landscape, including streaming, VOD, short-form and long-form content.
- Excellent communication, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent presentation skills (written and oral).
- Dynamic and hard-working individual with an in depth understanding of the ever-changing social media industry and internet culture.
- Strategic & creative thinker who can comfortably switch between short, medium & long-term planning.
- Must have a strong passion for new music, emerging artists and current popular culture.
- Strong internet research skills. Familiarity with all video/social media platforms and a strong knowledge of how to best navigate them.
- English fluent (written, spoken).
WHAT WE OFFER
- Space for diversity and innovation
- The chance to do what you are passionate about and join our global community
- An open, collaborative culture with training and development opportunities
- Travel allowance, a hybrid work-model and working from abroad
- Great team activities, festivals, and legendary parties
- 24 vacation days + extra, seasonal days off
- We just moved into a brand new office at the Houthavens in Amsterdam